URGENT SAFETY UPDATE
SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AND DUE TO CURRENT WEATHER CONDITIONS, WE HAVE POSTPONED THE EVENT TO THE FOLLOWING DAY THIS WEEKEND; SUNDAY, 25TH OF FEBRUARY.
GREEN POINT RESERVE, BRIGHTON BEACH
10KM PADDLE (LOOP)
6AM REGISTRATION OPENS
SUNDAY 25TH FEBRUARY 2024
- Anita Howgate just donated $52.75
- James Barkla just donated $52.75
- Joseph Wong just donated $21.10
- Steph Johnson just donated $100.00
- Zoe just donated $52.75
- Rosemary and Margot just donated $20.00
- Jayne Oliver just donated $52.75
- Tom Goodrich just donated $50.00
- Sam Dammers just donated $100.00
- Breedge Sharkey just donated $52.75
- SIMON PAUL just donated $105.50
- Daniel Marcato just donated $21.10
- Maryanne just donated $26.38
- Suzanne Williams just donated $21.10
- Matt Bradshaw just donated $50.00
- Magali Rigaudias just donated $50.00
- Stephen Aulich just donated $52.75
- James Mitchell just donated $50.00
- Anonymous just donated $52.75
- Donna Green just donated $100.00
PADDLE ACROSS THE BAY IS AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST STAND-UP PADDLE EVENT – A 10 KILOMETRE JOURNEY ACROSS BEAUTIFUL PORT PHILLIP BAY.
Set on Melbourne’s iconic bay at sunrise, Paddle Across the Bay is a stand-up paddle (SUP) event which is proud to support Lifeline Australia in 2024. The 1.5-2 hour, 10km journey runs from Brighton Beach to Port Melbourne (subject to weather conditions).
It’s a chance to challenge yourself and improve your fitness by being physically active, and make a difference by raising money for an important cause.
Paddle Across the Bay aims to spread hope within our community and raise vital funds for Lifeline Australia.
Follow us on social media for the latest news!
Paddle Across The Bay is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of everyone involved. Participants are given the opportunity to express themselves, push their limits and link their passion to an important community cause.
This year we are partnering with Lifeline Australia to raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention.
Crisis Support Services Phone 13 11 14 available 24 hours / 7 days - Australia's most extensive crisis support line. Anyone in Australia can speak to a trained Crisis Supporter over the phone, any time of the day or night.
Lifeline Text 0477 13 11 14 available nightly - Australia's first SMS-based Crisis Support service, any person in Australia can receive support from a Crisis Supporter by text message every night.Online chat available nightly - The online chat service is available for people who prefer to type than talk. Any person in Australia can chat with a Crisis Supporter through the Lifeline Australia website each night.
There are plenty of fun and engaging ways to raise funds and support Lifeline Australia such as our community event, Paddle Across the Bay. Joining us on the water for this event is a fun and rewarding way to make a difference.
Our vision is to create a suicide free community and with your support, we can save more lives. Our fundraising team is here to support you, so if you would like more information, please get in touch with us today.
watch 2023 event
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I attend Paddle Across The Bay 2024?
- Register yourself as an individual or get a crew together to create a team! Set up your Fundraisin account to start fundraising and donating directly to the Lifeline Australia cause immediately! Share your attendance across your social media channels so others can be part of the journey with you.
- We encourage paddlers to register early as we will sell out once the event hits capacity!
What Do I Bring On The Day? (PADDLER)
- Paddleboard (No kayaks or other vessels)
- Leg rope (Mandatory)
- Water (Hydration backpack is recommended)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher, broad-spectrum and water-resistant)
- Broad-brimmed hat
- Mobile phone (use a waterproof pouch or two zip lock bags to keep it dry)
- Your QR ticket, either on your phone or printed
What time is the event on and where is Paddle Across The Bay 2024?
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OUT OF OUR CONTROL
Paddle Across The Bay will be on SUNDAY, February 25th 2024.
Paddlers will meet at Brighton Beach at 6 am and loop back to Brighton Beach by 8 am (it’s a leisurely 10km!).
Family and friends can welcome paddlers at Port Melbourne shoreline and engage in market stalls, activities and breakfast while you cheer them onto the finish line.
What Does The Registration Process Look Like On The Day?
Be at the start line (Green point; Brighton beach) to check in between 6 am - 6.45 am. Your ticket will be sent to you by email. Check-in closes at 6.45 am.
You may pick up your event T-shirt at the registration desk (Let us know your preferred size!).
The registration process is quite simple, have your ticket ready to be scanned to be Checked In.
We will mark your arm with a number as a safety precaution.
At 6.30 am, your safety briefing and the warm-up session will begin so that we are all ready to enter the water and start the 10km journey.
Once paddlers arrive at the finish line and check out, they can begin to enjoy the stalls and activities
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK OUT AT THE FINISH LINE
Who is this event for? Who can attend?
Paddle Across The Bay is open to everyone, encouraging all fitness and experience levels. You do not have to be a professional paddler or even have tried it before! Paddle Across the Bay is NOT a race and we encourage you to come out and enjoy the water in a safe and inclusive environment with us to help fundraise for mental health and suicide awareness. Help us fundraise along the way!
Follow us on social media for the latest news!